Friday 20 September 2013

Right or Wrong..!!

Sometimes I think (sometimes??) how each member in family is dependent on each other. No wonder I am also dependent on my family.. Especially on my hubby. And of course no points for guessing, he is also dependent on me. As we are alone here..Our dependency increases even more.


Today morning when our maid Kamla arrived, she started telling me her story. She told that yesterday when she was helping her husband in some of his work her first finger of right hand got cut. Actually it was not a cut; I would say it was a wound. Her doctor suggested keeping hand dry and not wetting it. So the point is, she denied working in water till she is fine.


After hearing her story in her own loud voice, hubby Aditya started cribbing. As she doesn't understand Marathi we keep on conversing in Marathi. He was like; we will search for another maid. Tell her not to come from tomorrow itself. Initially, I was surprised. Aditya is a person who is very calm, quiet and understanding. I thought let him cool down and we will discuss on this later on.


While having breakfast, I asked him why he said like that. He was clear and straight. We were out of station for more than 10 days this month. Moreover she will not work for more say 3 days. That means we will give her half month salary like charity or something?? And this was the case last month too. We were in Mumbai for 8 to 10 days and when we came back she went on holiday for 1 week. So why are we still sticking to her??


First thing that struck my mind was “who will help me till we get another maid”??? But on other hand Aditya was also right. She had started taking us for granted. This was not good. So finally we came to decision that we are going to stop all this and say goodbye to her..!!


I don’t know whether I have took right decision or not.. :(  I am a bit worried now. Will I get a new maid at earliest?? Or will have to wait for long?? Gahh..!!



Is this the problem with you too??



5 comments:

  1. Been through this. I had a maid who would be absent half the month without any reason. She was the maid who was the support to my in laws. I let is happen for a month then when she repeated it again I called her and gave her money and asked her to not to come ever. My MIL was worried how I will manage and trust me initial 15 days were difficult but I had this mental peace where I was not in doldrums "will she come or will she not?".

    So chill! U took the right decision. We pay these maids for the job and of they don't do it we are right in it. As far as our burden is concerned I am sure u will find a maid soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Smita..!! I hope I will cope up..

      anyways today day was fine without her.. I must say hubby helped me a lot..!!

      Delete
  2. Agree with Smita and you did the right thing! My cook is expert in taking leaves and that too not for one or 2 days but for 6-8 days at a stretch for trivial reasons. And this is despite the fact that we give her holidays on weekends as husband loves cooking. I found a new maid and said bye-bye to her! I am sure you will find another one soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agree with Smita and you did the right thing! My cook is expert in taking leaves and that too not for one or 2 days but for 6-8 days at a stretch for trivial reasons. And this is despite the fact that we give her holidays on weekends as husband loves cooking. I found a new maid and said bye-bye to her! I am sure you will find another one soon!

    ReplyDelete

Don't forget to tell me your views..