Monday 28 October 2013

Say it as…A Diwali Post..!!

Finally from this weekend we started preparation for Diwali. We are not at Hyd home for Diwali but still wanted our home to look spic and span. Our entire Saturday went dusting, cleaning, etc.. and in evening we went for grocery shopping. I slept like a log- hubby says.


On Sunday we started preparing Diwali delicacies. I had noted down all the recipes from mom, My savior. It was my first time for me to prepare all this, but with mom’s recipes it really became simpler. So, I started with Chakli. I had all ingredients ready and started making dough. Once the dough was ready, hubby’s work started. He started preparing Chakli and I started frying it. I would say, I we  were succeeded. We managed to make good Chakli.


Then I started with making Karanji. It is basically a wrap with coconut filling, deep fried in ghee. It was simple. I have tried it earlier also, so it was not a big deal. Though hubby helped me in this also, I was tired by his time. You know how caring my hubby is…lol


Once we finished doing Karanji, we started for Besan Laddu. It is the most favorite dish of both Hubby and me. I knew how to do it but was feeling lazy by now. But then again took help from hubby in bhunofying it. And tada..!!! Laddu were ready..!!! what a feeling it was..like I have completed climbing a mountain and I am on top of the world. But had no  energy left to shout out, so dinner was outside.


Still 2 more delicacies to go yaar..!! Chivda and Sankarpali. Will do it in a weeks time. Coz after that we are leaving for Mumbai.



Oh god.. can you please pass this 4 days in a flick..??!!



4 comments:

  1. Great! Preparations for Diwali in full swing. Happy Diwali Aakansha. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey..Welcome Here.. :)
      Yes..as its my 1st diwali after marraige. Happy Diwali to you too.

      Delete
  2. Happy belated Diwali Greetings. I am hungry now. Is there any left over?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry..no left over dear..

      Thanks for dropping by...

      Delete

Don't forget to tell me your views..